The average community website has one unfortunate problem. They’re no good.
It sounds blunt; maybe downright mean. But the vast majority of community websites aren’t doing the job they’re meant to do. What job, you ask?
The job of marketing your community to future residents.
The sole purpose of your community website is to showcase your neighborhood. It should show off the benefits of your neighborhood and why people love living there.
• Do you cater to families? Show it.
• Are the crime rates low and are security measures in place? Say so.
• Is there easy access to schools, shopping, and freeways? Prove it.
Why is this stuff so important?
Because if your community website can’t wow potential buyers and real estate agents with the benefits of living there, it’s at best a wasted effort.
What’s wrong with your site, exactly?
Most likely it’s suffering from some or all of the following symptoms, adding up to a flatlining face to the world:
- Clutter – If you give people too much to look at (especially fluff) they won’t stick around. It’s that simple.
- Poor navigation – Prospective buyers want their questions answered. Is it safe? What amenities are included? What’s the fee? If the answers aren’t easy to find, they’ll go browse – and live – elsewhere.
- Resident grumbling – Never allow member discussions on your public website. Complainers will scare people away in a hurry.
- Lackluster appearance – Yep, that means ugly. Unless you want people to think your community is plain and uninviting, a homely website must be avoided at all costs.
So, how do you revamp your stinky website into a sweet-scented success?
Let the professionals handle it. Period. By professionals, we mean people who know the HOA industry and what your community website needs to accomplish. Unless they specialize in building sites that engage homeowners and impress buyers, they should’t be building yours.
You need prospective buyers to be swept off their feet.
When looking for a new place to live, people go online to do research and find a place they want to call home. You want that place to be your place, and your website can make all the difference.
Also, did you know we offer the best HOA websites out there? Set up a test site today:
Latest posts by Meredith Pond
- Walking the “Fine Line”: Imposing Fines in Your HOA - July 31, 2019
- HOA Meetings That Don’t Stink - January 23, 2019
- Setting Up Your HOA Record Keeping System - November 28, 2018
Get an HOA Comic in Your Inbox Each Week
Learn and laugh with us